Since a lot of my recent posts have been kind of negative lately I’m going to try to change things up. I know there are good things happening in my life but sometimes I get so consumed with my disorder I don’t recognize them. So I am going to try to think of 10 good things:
- We rented out a room in our house last week for the Masters Tournament so extra $$$
- My lawsuit settlement finally came in from my knee injury so more extra $$$
- It’s tax refund time so even more extra $$$ (Yes I’m obsessed with money because that is a big source of stress in my life)
- My husband started school a few weeks ago and he is doing so good!
- The weather has been absolutely perfect here which means open windows and dinner on the front porch every night
- My physical symptoms (dizziness, headaches, nausea) have finally let up a little bit and most days I feel better
- I have done a work out three days in a row and I’m about to go on a long walk with a friend
- I lost 3 pounds (My doctor said I need to lose 15, I have high cholesterol (I’m 22 and not overweight, I just eat really unhealthy and it runs in the family)
- I have really great friends in the neighborhood who include me in fun activities
- I am drinking a wonderful cup of coffee right now to start my day off right
There are 10 positive things. It was harder then I thought and you might think some of them are dumb but to each their own. I recently wrote that blog post about thoughts ( Mental Illness ) and I still don’t do a very good job of controlling mine. It is not just enough to push the suicidal thoughts out but I need to bring in good thoughts to replace them.